Five Things to do in New Orleans
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Destination Specific and other Travel topics.
Hotels in New Orleans often embody the romantic architecture and European flavor of this unique city. Search for a hotel with an authentic look. Even major hotels like the Wyndham Avenue Plaza retain the eclectic feel of New Orleans. Ideally, your hotel should be in walking distance from the events and attractions you’d like to visit. When you decide between New Orleans hotels for your visit this year, keep these fun events in mind:
- Thursdays at Twilight Garden Concerts: Listen to live music while you enjoy local cuisine and Southern hospitality.
- Louisiana Crawfish Boil at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel: Through the end of June, enjoy a traditional crawfish boil for $12.95 a person. Get ready to get your fingers dirty as you enjoy this New Orleans tradition.
- New Orleans Museum of Art: This summer, don’t miss the Beyond the Blues: Reflections of African America in the Fine Arts Collection and Women Artists in Louisiana, 1965–2010.
- Wednesdays on the Point: This free concert series takes place at Algiers Ferry Dock. Enjoy wine and concessions from local vendors.
- Old River Plantation Adventure: Fan of Gone with the Wind? Tour authentic Southern plantations just outside New Orleans.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.